Thursday, February 05, 2009

Unintentional [Part 3] - Futility

Sitting with her mother watching Dr. Phil, she heard her phone ringing in the adjacent room. She got up, wondering who it was. Before getting to her phone, she suspected it was him.

Hey.
Hi.
How was your weekend?
It was fine.
Did you eat?
...
X?
Ummm no actually...
X...?
Yeah yeah I know it's just that my sleep is all messed up and I went to Uni without sleeping and-
You didn't sleep yesterday?
No, I couldn't.
Why not?!
I don't know and I was so tired, I don't know what was wrong with me.
Why couldn't you sleep? What were you doing?
Nothing, I told you I don't know why. I just couldn't.
What do you mean you dont know?!
I-
Why are you doing this? Why don't care about yourself?! What do I have to remind you to sleep, eat, wake up, study?

He kept interrogating her like she was his wife or something.  He wouldn't stop and wouldn't let her get a word in. She didn't understand why he was so mad. She couldn't take all the yelling anymore. She yelled,

STOP IT! Why are you yelling at me? I'm not a child, I know what I'm doing. What the hell!

You always do this to me, I was fine a couple of minutes ago but you just had to come and mess up my mood like you always do. WHY DO YOU CARE ANYWAY!

I hate it. It's like your my mother or something. It's not like I don't get this from her already. I mean your acting like I WANTED TO STAY UP THE WHOLE NIGHT because that's cool right and blacking out is even cooler, isnt it?

I'm sick of the way you treat me. I am not a child!

Silence.

I'm sorry.
X...?
X, come on!
I don't want to.
You don't want to what?
I don't know, I just don't want to.
He started laughing.
Why are you laughing? ITS NOT FUNNY!
His laughing got louder.
Come on, stop it. 
I'm serious stop!
He tried to muffle his laughs but failed miserably.
Hehe it's not that funny.
She couldn't help but join in.
You suck.
I know.
No no, you suck BIG TIME.
I know, I know.
Good. Where are you?
Um...
Yeah okaaaaay.
I'll-
Alright alright I got it.
He laughed.
You really are something.
Bye.

Ending the call, she couldn't help but feel uneasy about the situation. What has she gotten herself into? She hopes she isn't in too deep but knowing him, she probably was. This time it wasn't her fault, she had made everything crystal clear, he knew the rules, and he knew what he was getting himself into. 

35 minutes later. Her phone indicated one new message:
I love you ..

She felt a rush of emotions all at once. Happiness, anger, regret and sadness.  He can't do this to me, he just can't. She was going to fight it, fight the feeling that overwhelmed her.

22 comments:

doona said...

laish fight it? =(

Ex-clamation Mark said...

Obviously she doesn't want to be with him, sad isn't it? =/

doona said...

7adda =(

Nutter said...

that was a little intense there in the middle ... i loved how he laughed and she couldn't help but laugh too!

its the relationship where "they aren't that close nor even friends" thats hurtful and hard to fight, i dunno why?!

Ex-clamation Mark said...

Gone Bonkers:
Yeah she went all crazy on him and then they both laughed =P

Yeah something like that and I'm guessing it's hurtful and hard to fight because things aren't clear and they try not to put themselves in a position where they can get hurt but they don't know that simply talking to the other person can do that =(

Unknown said...

Laughter's the best medicine after all? :)

Here's a bit more laughter! I watched Aladin for the 1st time two nights ago :P Would've been 10x better if there was less singing! :D Still a good storyline =p

Anonymous said...

he is so adorable abeeh =|

Ex-clamation Mark said...

MFarazi:
It fixed their fight, so yes =)

loooool the last time I watched Aladdin was 10 years ago, wasn't my favorite movie! Sad that I can say 10 years ago -_-

Nwrh:
No, you don't -_-

Anonymous said...

akhh unrequited love...=/ its hard on both sides..

Ex-clamation Mark said...

Completely agree but obviously going to be much harder on the one who loves =/

Unknown said...

Ooo unrequited love you say~! Here's a piece I did about Unrequited Love.. yeah. =(

http://mfarazi.deviantart.com/art/Unrequited-Love-41864991

Ex-clamation Mark said...

Nice piece!

Almost Twilight said...

i loved how u wrote it and the tasalsoul bil a7daath

mashallah

i can never do that :(

Ex-clamation Mark said...

Thank you =)

Anonymous said...

Cute, thanks for the smile.

In the words of Nike, just do it.

Don't ask questions, just do what you feel is right.

Ex-clamation Mark said...

You're welcome =)

She can't just do it, she doesn't share the same feelings and can't lead him on...

Anonymous said...

7ram he is angry because he cares so much about her and he wants her to be ok...

many men do not care. kalat namat 6agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

walla 7safa 3la hal ryal...

Anonymous said...

Maybe she's not sure about her feelings.She's afraid to love him On the other hand, she can't refused his love , his warm feelings so she can't simply tell him to leave her or to quit her love :(
this is the 1st time i visit ur blog.I really enjoyed what u've written

Ex-clamation Mark said...

danderma:
Yeah he does care about her but it's gotten too much and she doesn't want him controlling her like that - this is how she sees it. lol @ 7safa hehe

female symphony:
She's sure about her feelings yet she doesn't want to commit, it's complicated for her. She can refuse his love but she never wanted to before - check out the last part and thank you =D

Cupid ;* said...

what is it? does she love being miserable?:s al7een maskeen il walad mayit 3laiha why fight it?:s

Cupid ;* said...

what is it? does she love being miserable?:s al7een maskeen il walad mayit 3laiha why fight it?:s

Ex-clamation Mark said...

It's simple, she doesn't feel the same way.