Thursday, January 15, 2009

SUS - Part [1]

The other day while I was sending an e-mail to one of my classmates about my Calculus 101 class, this random guy starts talking to me. 

Completing neglecting the whole "Hi, how are you?" he skips to"Your taste in music, who influenced you?".

I'm guessing he saw my favorite music in one profile or another. When I told him I was never influenced that I just fell into them, he goes on to say "No way you can't come up with some of the names yourself. Was it an older brother or sister? Who is it?". 

Being the eldest, I obviously don't have an older brother nor sister, and as I was telling him that...
"An 18 year old must have been introduced to Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. So who was it?"
"No one!"
"You're kidding me."
"Why would I 'kid'? I was never 'introduced' to them either."
"How did you come to like Pink Floyd? Tell me the story."
"There is no story."
"What's the first song you liked?"
"Bike - if you are still talking about Pink Floyd."
"Do you understand the song? It's so dark ... Syd wrote it on an acid trip."
"I don't think it's that dark."
"It's so dark and hopeless."
"Maybe it has a deeper meaning. Whatever. So you're a music junkie I presume?"
"Not a junkie but I understand music. All Pink Floyd songs have a deeper meaning. It took me 2 years to like them and 4 years to understand them. Pink Floyd is the most difficult band."
"But I don't think they should be studied."
"They should be studied. There are books to explain the lyrics."
"Different songs mean different things to different people." (How about I learn a synonym for different? haha)
"Well, Pink Floyd wrote poetry not lyrics and instrumentally they played progressive classic rock - the hardest type."
"I guess I'm not into that, reading in between the lines and over-analyzing songs and lyrics."
"Lol, it's okay. You're ''bta3 kollo'' in your taste."
"Not really."
"My advice is to stay away from Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, that's all. They'll fuck up your life
easily. Led Zeppelin are philosophers."
"If you'll let them. -_-" (Here I was kind of getting bored of the whole high and mighty thing he had going on)
"So are Pink Floyd, both are too dark. If you take them seriously you'll have no choice. Jimmy Pages favourite subject to read is satanism. Stick to Pop."
"Sure." (obvious sarcasm, not?)
"Good. Take them off your profile too, they would attract only depressive maniacs to add you." (Like you?)
"I was being sarcastic. I enjoy their songs."
"Stay away from classic rock please. It's not for you."
"How can you say that?"
"Fuck me, you're the type that would jump off a cliff if advised not to."
"You don't even know me so you don't know what's 'for' me and what's not."
You don't have permission to chat with this person.

Lovely.

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I like to read between lyrics & stuff yeah, but not spend 4 years understanding them =x

Glad you have good taste in music! Unless you end up telling me you like Kanye West........... :@

Nutter said...

"There are books to explain the lyrics." haha wow i never knew such books existed!

he might have a few loose screws :S ... were you blocked in the end!! hehe

Nutter said...

and if you were ever gonna jump off a cliff .... call me! :P

doona said...

strange person ;\

Ex-clamation Mark said...

MFarazi:
Yeah sometimes it's interesting to get all deep and insightful about the song but not that deep lol. I can't say I don't listen to him, he's there lol don't go all judgemental on me now! ;P

Gone Bonkers:
I have yet to find those books -_-
Not blocked, he took me off his list haha
Shda3wa, he was just trying to over-analyze my personality. Again -_-

DandDoon:
I know!

Anonymous said...

Haha. He so over-reacted! And u should listen to whatever song u want to ohwa shako malgoof hehehe :P

Souma said...

but "Bike" is a love song! a pretty sweet song! i wouldnt mind playing that at my wedding! (i have a playlist, but no groom yet)

i know a guy like that... they always think they know better, though they never do...

Ex-clamation Mark said...

styleexpress:
He did! Men jed ma bga ila ygooly stay away from them -_-

Souma:
Thank you Souma!! It is a love song and one of the sweetest! In fact, it's too sweet to be dark -_-

shamma aldabal said...

weired guy =S

Bliss said...

Alot of people judge a person by what songs they listen to.
THAT'S COMPLETELY WRONG!

o aham shay when he said "it's not for you"
effff ynarfizzz

my favorite pink floyd song is "high hopes"
at times i can get so emotional listening to it.

Ruby Woo said...

This is my first visit (I think) to your blog and I simply love it.

Your writings are original, not ones that I have read before.

Anonymous said...

LOL at the end!! i cant imagine what i wud do if i was having this sort of conv. in person...oooff this guys annoying!

Ex-clamation Mark said...

libero anima:
Seriously.

Bliss:
I know, it pisses me off when people do that. No9 m9eebh law ye3refny ygooly it's not for me - he doesn't know me o awal mara y7akeeni!

Ruby Woo:
Aww thank you, it means a lot =)

DP:
I would have given him a piece of my mind and then walked away but he didn't even give me a chance to say anything -_-

eshda3wa said...

lol

wayd ytfalsaf

Taqo said...

y33333...what a little prick!
i can not stand people like that..
people that think that they always have to find a way to be superior to others. it just means that they are insecure :) if anything, pink floyd and led zeppelin are too ~"deep" for him, not you ;)

desertpalms said...

uve been tagged dude! ;p

باسل said...

"Who influenced you?"

It's a legitimate question if you ask me. So many people do listen to what "others" like. Insisting on it is not.
And yes the music you listen to tells a lot about you.

Ex-clamation Mark said...

eshda3wa:
Men jed.

Taqo:
Me neither!

DP:
yay -_- lol

Basil in Riyadh:
I'm not saying it isn't, I just didn't like how he got all judgmental and decided that it's not for me.

Nutter said...

hey girl

never really asked ya ... but how are you doing? to be honest with you i break down every once in a while but its way less now, so i guess its fading..

i don't intend to remind you but i was just wondering...

Broke Saudi said...

Music isn't meant to be taken that seriously, and that point is lost on him since he's obviously not enjoying it anymore.

Ex-clamation Mark said...

Gone Bonkers:
I'm fine don't worry, thanks for asking =D

Broke Saudi:
True.

Anonymous said...

Wow.

Your blog totally rocks, I feel like I can wallow in it for all of life and it's worth.

Anonymous said...

Hoωԁy I am so grateful I found
уour blοg pagе, I really found yοu by mistakе,
while Ι was researсhing οn Digg for something elsе, Аnyhow
I am here now and woulԁ ϳust liκe to ѕay cheеrs fοr а fantastic post and a all round thrilling blog (I also loѵe the theme/design), I don't have time to look over it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the awesome work.

Also visit my web blog pain relief during pregnancy

Anonymous said...

See how very much it costs to help make your products or services when you operate a home-based business. You need to fee other folks a second time this quantity for wholesale and twice the quantity of wholesale for retail store. Unless you offer an exact quote of how significantly it expenses for your personal merchandise, you can expect to struggle to demand others the right amount. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Vicinffu7ity[/url]